Thursday, July 28, 2005

Anecdotes

An anecdote of between 300 and 500 words. How hard can it be to write something like that?

Well, it depends. When we discussed our experience of doing this exercise we found that different members of the group had struggled with different aspects of it. Some found it hard to keep it below 500 words, others (including me) had to work hard to write more than 300.

Then there was the fact that we read our contributions out. With other people there. Listening. Making notes. Getting ready to comment when we'd finished.

Most, in fact almost all, of my writing workshop experience up to now has been online. I send an email, some people read it, they send an email with comments. It's all nice and remote. The face to face version is a bit more scary, but it's not as bad as I thought it might be. Not that they're scary people! (I have to say that - they're probably reading this...)

I'd like to post some examples of what was produced. I'm thinking of heading these New Writing - and the title, so they stand out from my ramblings.

No comments: