Saturday, August 06, 2005

Revision

After we've done the radio story, our next task is to consider revising something we've written with a view to sending it somewhere.

I find it encouraging to look at writers' first drafts to see how much gets changed. It's good to know it's not just me that doesn't get it right first time. At least what I write is usually on the short side though. Revising a whole novel must be a daunting task. According to this article in the Guardian it seems you can't even count on help from editors these days.

What I like about Cabbage Soup is the group pressure to keep writing and keep revising, I've done a lot more than I would have done left to my own devices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I've found a search engine with a sense of humor - I was actually looking for articles on how to cook chicken, and here I am on a site called this post. There's probably an electronic explanation for this and I have enjoyed the experience, so no harm done. Have a nice day Alison Williams - if that's your real name :0)